If you have lost a tooth, you may have several options for restoring it. Dental bridges are a popular choice. Bridges consist of two crowns and a pontic, which is suspended between the crowns. The crowns are attached to teeth on either side of the gap, and the pontic, or the artificial tooth, fills the gap and replaces the lost tooth. Our Huntington Beach dentist can use a bridge to replace one or several lost teeth.
Bridges may be a better option for you if any of the following apply to you:
- You prefer to avoid surgery
- You want a fast, simple procedure
- You want your new smile to be ready in a few weeks
- You need or want an affordable option
- You want something that is sturdier than dentures but less expensive than implants
Once your bridge has been cemented into place, it can last for many years with good care. You will need to brush and floss carefully around it using special tools that enable you to brush above it where plaque and debris can accumulate and irritate your gums. Call us today to learn more about your tooth restoration options or to schedule your appointment with our expert in dental bridges in Huntington Beach.