When you schedule a dental appointment, you most likely are just hoping for a clean bill of health for your teeth. However, the mouth is the gateway to the rest of the body, which means that your dental and physical health are often intimately and intricately connected. Health problems elsewhere in your body could affect your smile, and conversely, dental health issues could increase the risk of health problems throughout your system. At your next checkup, you might want to mention if you have any of the following issues to our female dentist in West Hollywood so that we can better meet your smile needs:
• A change in medication, which can lead to dry mouth, gum sensitivity, or other issues
• Systemic health problems, which can increase the risk of gum disease, tooth decay, dry mouth, or other dental problems
• Pregnancy or other hormonal changes, which can increase your risk of gum disease, thrush, and more
• Tobacco and alcohol habits, which can cause dry mouth, gum disease, tooth decay, and oral cancer
• Allergies, which can increase the risk of dry mouth and may affect the medications used during treatment
At each checkup, let us know if there are any changes in your health status, medications, or lifestyle so that we can take steps to protect you. Call us today to learn more or to schedule your appointment with our female dentist in West Hollywood.