Dental veneers offer the promise of a Hollywood smile in a fraction of the time many other cosmetic procedures require. These thin porcelain shells are applied over the fronts of teeth to create a new surface and improve the overall aesthetics of your smile. Our dentist can help you decide if porcelain veneers are right for you.
When determining your candidacy for veneers, you will need to ask yourself a few questions, including:
• Do I have any untreated cavities or tooth decay?
• Do I have any untreated gum disease?
• Do I grind or clench my teeth?
• Is my bite aligned properly?
• Do I have plenty of healthy tooth enamel to support veneers?
• Am I looking for a permanent restoration?
• Will I be able to maintain my new look?
A dental veneer is a simple, versatile treatment that can cover a variety of cosmetic flaws, including stained or discolored teeth, worn teeth, teeth with visible chips or cracks, teeth with unsightly gaps, misshapen teeth, teeth with enamel defects, mild misalignments, and similar flaws. Proper maintenance is essential for ensuring a long lifespan for your new veneers and good dental health. Call our dental office today to find out more or to schedule your consultation with our team.